Renfe (Spain Rail)
Renfe e-tickets are generated by the rail operator in Spanish. They do not include passenger names, which means each ticket may be used by any member of your travelling party, as long as the passenger type is correct (for example adult/senior/youth/child/infant). Below is a guide to make it easier to understand your e-ticket.
1. Your Renfe ticket number.
2. The “Localizador” number is your Renfe confirmation number (also known as PNR).
3. This is your Combinado Cercanias password. When you buy a long-distance train ticket within Spain, you can get free travel (within 4 hours of your departure and arrival) from any Renfe suburban station at the start and end of your journey in select cities. To use these suburban (Cercanias) trains you can obtain a free ticket from a self-service ticket machine or staffed ticket office using the Combinado Cercanias password printed on your Renfe ticket.
4. Departure station.
5. Arrival station.
6. This is your train number.
7. This is your coach number.
8. The fare type you have purchased: Promo (non-flexible), Promo+ (semi-flexible), Flexible.
9. Your class of travel: Turista (2nd class), Turista Plus (premium 2nd class), Preferente (1st class).
10. For domestic trains, your seat number is shown as “plaza”. The seat type (window/aisle) is not normally shown.
11. Important information about the terms and conditions of travel.
Deutsche Bahn (German Rail)
To help you better understand your German eTicket, we have attached a sample copy with numbers that relate to the following points:
- The fare type you have purchased.
- The class you have booked (1st or 2nd class).
- The total number of fare-paying passengers. Erw. / Erwachsene = Adult; Kind = Child.
- Origin and destination.
- Pricing information about your ticket.
- Main passenger name. Be mindful that Deutsche Bahn tickets only display the name of the main passenger.
- Your order number.
- Your itinerary (Halt = departure and arrival stations; Datum = Date; Zeit = Time; Gleis = Platform; Produkte = train number).
- Reservierung = Seat reservations are optional. If you have reserved a seat, you will find all relevant information on the types of seat and compartment as well as the carriage number in this section. Otherwise, this section will be blank.
Sitzplatz = seat(s)
Abteil = compartment
Wg. = Carriage no.
Großraum (m.Tisch) = open saloon (with table)
Pl. = seat no.
Handybereich = Phone zone
Fenster = window seat
Ruhebereich = Quiet zone
Mitte = middle seat
Familienbereich = family zone; Kleinkindbereich = toddler compartment
Gang = aisle seat
Nichtraucher = non-smoking
Deutsche Bahn tickets can also list the total number of passengers on the top-right corner. Below is a sample ticket showcasing how this looks.